PROPOSED MECHANICS FOR THE “150TH BIRTH ANNIVERSARY OF JOSE RIZAL STAMP DESIGN CONTEST”
I. The Contest
In celebration of the sesquicentennial birth anniversary of Jose Rizal, the National Historical Commission of the Philippines, in partnership with the Philippine Postal Corporation, is launching the 150th Birth Anniversary of Jose Rizal Postage Stamp Design Contest.
The contest is designed to commemorate and celebrate the 150th birth anniversary of Dr. Jose P. Rizal on June 19, 2011. It aims to promote awareness of the life, ideals and greatness of Rizal and his contribution to the development of Philippine nationhood.
Participants will have the chance to interpret their perception of the national hero and his significance in Philippine history.
1. This contest is open to all college students, amateurs and professionals.
2. The contest theme is “Rizal: Haligi ng Bayan”
3. Together with CD with file in jpeg format, entries must be submitted in vertical format 8 ¾ inches x 11 ½ inches mounted on ¼ size black and white illustration board (please note that the actual stamp size is 30 x 40 mm).
4. The artwork must be accompanied by a write up or interpretation of the theme and the design in 100 words or more.
5. Artworks must be executed through computer or digital art. There are no restrictions as to the use of colors in the artworks.
6. The name, address and contact number of the designer together with the name of the school, if a student, should be attached at the back of the illustration board.
For complete contest mechanics, click here.