Monday, August 23, 2010
I've blogged about the Nokia phone the Manilamommy is giving away. But I've decided to up the ante by blogging about its sister blogs too (and thereby incresing my chances of winning! yay!)
Manila Fitness is giving away this Nokia 3720 which is perfect for people who like the outdoors. It is dust and water jets resistant! It also comes with a 2 mp camera that you can use to capture the sights and sounds around you. It also has a camera light that you can concert into a flashlight, which is what I love the most (except for its built-in FM radio which come in handy when I find the silence deafening.)
Manila Shopaholic is giving away this Nokia C5. The sleek design is perfect for every fashionista. It's also very lightweight so it wouldn't be hassle when you do your shopping. It also comes with an Ovi map application, that way you won't get lost scouring the metro for those hard-to-find bargains. I am personally lovin' this white phone, but it also comes in warm gray.
Manila Blogs is giving away this Nokia C3. Bloggers will love its qwerty keypad which makes typing a breeze. It also has a one click access to social networking sites, email and chat platforms. Downloading or uploading photos will also be easier because of its WIFI feature.
. Each participant must have an authentic Facebook account.
2. Each participant must upload one (1) photo or one (1) video as their contest entry on the Wall.
3. Aside from uploading their entry on the fan page’s Wall, each participant must send us an email to email@example.com containing the following details:
Subject: RETROTECH Facebook Contest
Full name: ______________________________
Contact Number: ______________________________
Link of the photo/video: ______________________________
4. Each participant may submit one entry per category.
5. The gadgets in the entries have to be working in one way or form.
6. Objectionable, harmful, or sensitive photos and videos will be disqualified and deleted immediately.
7. The photo must be clear and of good quality. On the other hand, the video must have a minimum length of 10 seconds.
8. Submission of entries is open from August 1-31, 2010.
9. Criteria For Judging:
Popularity (10%). The popularity of an entry is based on the number of “likes” and comments it received from thefans and visitors of HWM Philippines’ fan page.
Content (40%). The entry covers all the prerequisites for the contest, and actually tackles the points that need to be addressed.
Creativity (15%). A creatively-made photo/video relies on several factors such as composition and impact.
Uniqueness (15%). The photo/video conspicuously stands out among other entries.
Oldness Of Product (20%). Since we are looking for old stuff here, the more ancient the product, the better!
10. HWM and HardwareZone will pick a winner for each category.
11. Winners will be informed through email or phone.
12. The chosen winners will be asked to bring in the gadgets found in their entries when claiming the prize in order to validate its authenticity.
13. HWM and HardwareZone Philippines and their respective employees will not be held responsible for all claims, demands, suits, causes of action, or judgments which the participant ever had, now have, or may have in the future arising out of or in any way connected with the RetroTech Online Photo & Video Contest, due to all personal injuries, known or unknown, property damages, or claims for wrongful death, caused by misuse of any product or any of the accessories that came with it.
14. HWM and HardwareZone Philippines reserve the right to amend the mechanics and criteria of judging at any time during the contest period without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on the official Facebook fan page of HWM Philippines.
For more details, click here.
Friday, August 20, 2010
The Manila Blogs is giving away one Nokia phone for every blog they have in the network. That'll be a total of 5 Nokia phones up for grabs! Manilamommy , for its part, is giving away one Nokia 7320 to a lucky participant.
The Nokia 7320 is perfect for who always want to keep in touch with their families and friends. It has Ovi share, Flickr and Vox applications which makes uploading pics captured using the phone's 3.2 mp camera breezy. Instant messaging, emails and social networks are also easily accesible through Nokia 7230. It also come in two colors, in graphite and hot pink (love it!)
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Actually, these are two different bags, a Lifesaver and a Froot Loops. The Lifesaver is almost an all-around bag which both adults and children can use, either as a laptop bag or a schoolbag. the Froot Loops is the diaper bag I'm drooling over. It converts into a stroller bag and has many pockets that will sure come in handy.
You can also score either of the bags. Just go to Manilamommy's site.
Friday, August 13, 2010
NEIL GAIMAN and FULLY BOOKED
The 3rd Philippine Graphic Fiction Awards
After two successful years of exploring Filipino Unrealism through prose fiction and comics, the Philippine Graphic Fiction Awards opens its third with a new category: short film.
All Filipino citizens may send their original entries in the prose fiction, comics, and short film categories to any Fully Booked branch.
The winning prose and comics entries will be compiled and published by Fully Booked, with a foreword by Neil Gaiman. All winning short films will be screened on awarding day.
1. Submissions must be given or delivered before or on September 30, 2008, with a duly accomplished application form and resume, to be sealed inside a legal size letter envelope with the heading, "3rd Philippine Graphic/Fiction Awards." All submissions should be given or delivered to:
Fully Booked Customer Service
Bldg 6, 902 Bonifacio High Street
Bonifacio Global City
1634 Taguig City
Only 1 submission per envelope (for those submitting to all three categories). Application forms may be downloaded below.
2. The contest is open to all Filipino citizens, even those who may be in a foreign country at the time, so long as they are still legal citizens, except current officers and employees of Fully Booked and the contest's sponsors.
3. All submissions must be in English except for the short film category, which may be in English or Filipino with English subtitles.
4. There are three categories: comics, prose fiction and short film. Contestants may join in all categories, and collaborations are allowed; however, each contestant may only submit and/or be involved with only one (1) submission per category.
5. Submissions must not have been awarded by another body or published in a national publication. Submissions to the short film category must not have been exhibited commercially, locally or internationally.
6. All submissions must be original. No adaptations of produced / published / copyrighted material are allowed. All intellectual property rights of submissions must belong to the author/s and director/s. Fully Booked and its sponsors shall be exempt from any and all liability in the event that the submission is said to infringe upon the intellectual property rights of another existing work. All rights revert to respective authors and directors, but FULLY BOOKED maintains/reserves the right to publish submissions without permission / approval / compensation.
7. a. PROSE - Submissions must fall under the genres of science fiction, fantasy and/or horror. Stories may not exceed seven thousand (7,000) words. Submissions must include four (4) hard copies, typewritten or computerized (preferably computerized). Submissions should be double-spaced on letter-size bond paper (8 1/2 X 11 inches), with approximately one-inch margin on all sides. Fonts should be Arial or Times New Roman and the font size should be 12. The author/s' name and address must not appear on the submission or any of its pages. Every page must contain the title of the work and must be numbered consecutively (e.g. 1 of 20, 5 of 15 and so on). The submission must include one (1) soft copy on a CD-ROM (files should be in .rtf [Rich Text Format]).
b. COMICS - For Comics, the theme is open (non-fiction is allowed). Twelve (12) pages is the maximum length. All submissions should be in black and white. Contestants may use any media they wish. No signatures/names must appear on any of the pages. Submissions must include four (4) hard copies (letter-size bond paper [8 1/2 X 11 inches]) and one (1) soft copy on CD-ROM (files should be in .jpg format, with art scanned at a minimum of 300 dpi); no original art must be submitted.
c. SHORT FILM - Submissions must fall under the genres of science fiction, fantasy and/or horror. The production of the short film must be in 2008, it should not exceed 20 minutes (including credits) and must be submitted in a digital video format (DVD). This category is open to professionals, however, no corporate financing is allowed.
8. Fully Booked has no obligation to return submissions.
9. In case submissions from overseas win, an authenticated copy of the Authorization Form by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate will be required.
10. The Board of Judges shall have the discretion, not to award any prize if, in its judgment, no worthy submission has been entered.
12. Fully Booked has the sole right to designate the persons who shall constitute the Board of Judges in each of the contest categories. The decision of the majority of the Board of Judges in all categories shall be final.
13. All rules and guidelines of the contest must be followed STRICTLY. Non-compliance will subject the submission to immediate disqualification.
For any questions or clarifications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more promos from Fully Booked, click here.
Thursday, August 12, 2010
invites you to fun-filled afternoons of
Storytelling Arts & Crafts
at the Children's Section of Fully Booked
Bonifacio High Street
on July 6 and 16
August 6, 13, 20 and 27
from 3:30 - 4:30 PM.
This event is FREE! See you there!
Monday, August 9, 2010
FN is giving away two sets of yummy new makeup products from your favorite beauty care shop!
I hope my winning streak holds up!
You can win this too. Find out How!
The "Officiallyphilippines.com Writing Contest" will be from February 15, 2010 to August 15, 2010 (on or before 11:59 pm).
All official writing contest entries may be viewed throughout the Contest Period at www.OfficiallyPhilippines.com.
All entries will be reviewed by OfficiallyPhilippines.com for appropriate content. Entries with content that is considered inappropriate, unsuitable and/or offensive, as determined by OfficiallyPhilippines.com will be disqualified and will be taken down from the site.
There will be three categories in a span of six months. Please see Table 1.0 found above for the category details and cut-off periods.
Entries will be judged according to the following criteria:
- 50% Substance and originality
- 30% Online votes
- 20% Loyalty to theme and clarity (able to see the idea of the picture clearly)
For Complete Mechanics, click here.
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Let’s face it: for your best skin ever, you trust Dermalogica. Now, we want you to tell us why you can’t live without Dermalogica -- and when you do, you could win a year’s worth of skin care from us!
Submit a brief video on why you can’t live without Dermalogica by August 31, 2010.
The top 10 videos with the most votes will then be voted on by the Dermalogica Corporate Headquarters team. Style and creativity will get you far!
Grand Prize (1)
Winner of the contest will receive a year’s supply of Dermatologica products!
Runners-up (2) will receive $250 in Dermalogica product.
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Promo period: August 4 to 31, 2010
Submission of Entries: August 4 to 15, 2010
Voting Period: August 16 to 31, 2010
Announcement of Winners: September 1, 2010
1. Be a Fan of Powerbooks Facebook Fan Page
2. Submit your own version of the Mockingjay Book Cover and get a chance to win a copy of Mockingjay--Suzanne Collins' final installment in the Hunger Games trilogy.
3. The Mockingjay Book Cover Art should include:
- Book Cover Design
- Book Title (Mockingjay)
- Author's Name (Suzanne Collins)
- The cover can be made using different approaches like vectors, collages, traditional art, cartoons, 3D graphics, or combination of any of these techniques. Traditional art such as illustrations/drawings/paintings, etc. will also be accepted as long as these are scanned by the Participant. Powerbooks will not accept hard copy files.
- The cover can include different elements that you think will be relevant in the third book. (eg. Katniss, Peeta & Gale love triangle, District 13, etc.)
- All entries should be the participant’s original interpretation of the contest theme and not lifted from other sources. Powerbooks will not be held liable for any copyright infringement committed by the participant.
- Participants have the freedom to interpret the contest theme as creative and imaginatively possible provided that they stay true to the theme.
- The entry should not have been previously entered into any other competition.
- Participants give Powerbooks the right to upload their artworks for the website & other promotional activities.
6. Artworks will be uploaded in Facebook on August 16, 2010 for voting. The three (3) winners will each win a copy of Suzanne Collins' Mockingjay.
7. Criteria for Judging:
- 70%: number of “likes” votes from the fan page
- 30%: overall appeal of submitted artwork (from judges’ votes)
Claiming of prizes:
1. To claim their prizes, winners will proceed to Powerbooks Greenbelt 4 and present a valid ID.
2. The prizes will be given to the winners for FREE provided that these terms are met:
- The winners must personally claim the prize.
- The prizes are non-transferable and not convertible to cash.
Female Network, in cooperation with Pet Express, is launching its first ever Cutest Pet Contest! Think your pet has what it takes to win a spot in the limelight? Just do the following:
1. Only registered members of Female Network may join this contest. To register, click here. Members must also be a fan of the Female Network and Pet Express Facebook pages to join this contest. If the member’s Facebook profile is not public, he / she must include screenshots proving that both pages are liked by their Facebook account. These screenshots should be emailed along with the Cutest Pet Contest entry.
2. To enter their pet in the contest, the member must send an e-mail to email@example.com with "FN Cutest Pet Contest" as the subject line. The following details must be included in the e-mail:
- Pet's name, breed, and photograph (least dimension must be a minimum of 300 pixels)
- Member’s full name
- Registered Female Network username
- Facebook name
- E-mail address
- Contact number
- Home or office address
Entries may be submitted from July 15, 2010 to August 15, 2010. No purchase is required to enter the contest.
You have until August 15 to submit your pets’ photos. All qualified entries will be posted in a gallery here on Female Network for you, our readers, to vote on from August 16 to September 30 (see the complete mechanics below). Three grand dog winners and one grand cat winner will be crowned the cutest pets while six runners-up will get consolation prizes.
Besides bragging rights, the grand winners will get awesome pet packages from everyone’s favorite one-stop pet shop, Pet Express. If you’ve ever wondered where to find a wide selection of affordable dog and cat products, search no more because Pet Express has it all! From treats and grooming products to fashionable clothes and accessories, you’re sure to find something both useful and tasteful from the shop’s myriad offerings.
(3) DOG- GRAND PRIZES (Ezydog Set (1 leash, 1 collar OR harness), OR
(1) CAT- GRAND PRIZE (Cat Loot Bag)
(6) CONSOLATION PRIZES (Pet Express Loot Bag)
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
A. WHAT IS THE PROMO ALL ABOUT?The Promo has 3 components:
- Win as MOST UNIQUE SHOPPING PHOTO: Upload your most unique photo of a recent purchase to the UnionBank Shop & Talk Facebook page and get a chance to win as the week’s MOST UNIQUE SHOPPING PHOTO. Give your photo the following caption: “UnionBank Shoot, Tag, Win! Tag yourself and write a creative caption in 10 words or less for a chance to win a P1,500 Rustan’s GC!”
- Win as PEOPLE’S CHOICE: Solicit “Likes” for your uploaded photo/s and get a chance to win as PEOPLE’S CHOICE at the end of the promo period.
- Win as MOST CREATIVE CAPTION: Choose one or more photos from the weekly photo entries of the promo participants, tag yourself in it/them, and write your most creative comment for a chance to win as the week’s MOST CREATIVE CAPTION.
B. HOW LONG IS THE PROMO PERIOD?
- The promo period is from August 2 – September 29.
- Winners for MOST UNIQUE SHOPPING PHOTO and MOST CREATIVE CAPTION will be announced every week. PEOPLE’S CHOICE will be announced at the end of the promo period.
- Photo Upload, tagging, and comment-writing cut-offs for MOST UNIQUE SHOPPING PHOTO and MOST CREATIVE CAPTION are as follows:
- Every Sunday, 7pm, cut-off date for weekly entries.
- Every Wednesday announcement of winners
For complete mechanics, click here
The world's largest outsourcing site, Freelancer.com, has just released FreelancerAPI, the world's first programming interface for tasking humans to perform sophisticated tasks.
Futurist and Scientists hypothesise about a coming technological singularity; a point in time in the future where it is believed that man-machine intelligence will explode, accelerating technological progress at a rate so quickly that the future will be radically different from today. So different, that as mere mortals, limited by the human brain, we cannot even comprehend this future.
Whether or not the singularity will eventuate, man and machine became closer today with the launch of the FreelancerAPI. For over 60 years, humans have programmed computers through software. This API, for the first time, provides a sophisticated programming interface for humans, for use by software. This API allows software for the first time to send sophisticated and complex tasks such as real engineering or problem solving to humans, retrieve the results and pay for the completed work.
Your challenge is to use FreelancerAPI to create some incredible applications!!
We're offering over US$30,000 in prize money!!
- Grand Prize:US$10,000 & Grand Master Programmer Insignia added to user's profile!!!
- Most Innovative:US$5,000 & Master Programmer Insignia
- Best Fully Automated:US$5,000 & Master Programmer Insignia
- Best Port or Plugin:US$5,000 & Master Programmer Insignia
- Best Toolkit, Library or Suite:US$5,000 & Master Programmer Insignia
- Runners Up for each Category:Apple iPad 16GB WiFi+3G (4 prizes)
- 10th to 20th Places:Freelancer T-Shirt
To qualify, sign-up by clicking on image.
The poem can be about anything but should be a love poem. Creative approaches are welcomed.
All forms of poetry welcomed. One entry per person. New entries only.
The winner takes away a one hundred dollar pre-paid Visa gift card. Second place will win twenty-five member dollars. Third place ten member dollars.
This contest is open to all members. Past contest winners can join the contest.
The voting booth will include this summary of the contest:
- The challenge for this contest was to write a short love poem with fifteen words or less.
One entry per person. New entries to the site only.
Deadline: Saturday, August 7, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
TO ENTER, sign-up in FanStory.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Editors Nikki Alfar and Kate Aton-Osias invite you to submit short fiction for consideration for Philippine Speculative Fiction volume 6.
Philippine Speculative Fiction is a yearly anthology series, which collects a wide range of stories that define, explore, and sometimes blur the boundaries of science fiction, fantasy, horror, and all things in between. The anthology has been shortlisted for the Manila Critics’ Circle National Book Award, and multiple stories from each volume have been cited in roundups of the year’s best speculative fiction across the globe.
First-time authors are more than welcome to submit; good stories trump literary credentials any time.
Submissions must be:
1. speculative fiction—i.e., they must contain strong elements or sensibilities of science fiction, fantasy, horror, magic realism, alternate history, folklore, superheroes, and/or related ‘nonrealist’ genres and subgenres
2. written in English
3. authored by Filipinos or those of Philippine ancestry
1. original and unpublished
2. no shorter than 1,000 words and no longer than 7,500
3. written for an adult audience
In all cases, these preferences can be easily overturned by exceptionally well-written pieces. In the case of previously-published work—if accepted, the author will be expected to secure permission to reprint, if necessary, from the original publishing entity, and to provide relevant publication information.
1. No multiple or simultaneous submissions—i.e., submit only one story, and do not submit that story to any other market until you have received a letter of regret from us.
2. All submissions should be in Rich Text Format (saved under the file extension ‘.rtf’), and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line ‘PSF6 submission’.
3. The deadline for submissions is midnight, Manila time, November 15, 2010. Letters of acceptance or regret will be sent out no later than one month after the deadline.
1. Please don’t forget to indicate your real name in the submission email! If you want to write under a pseudonym, that’s fine, but this can be discussed upon story acceptance. Initially, we just need to know who we’re talking to.
2. If you’d like to write a cover letter with your brief bio and publishing history (if applicable), do feel free to introduce yourself—but not your story, please. If it needs to be explained, it’s probably not ready to be published.
3. We advise authors to avoid fancy formatting—this will just be a waste of your time and ours, since we will, eventually, standardize fonts and everything else to fit our established house style.
Compensation will be Php500 for selected stories. In previous years, we’ve provided contributor copies of the book, as well as small royalty shares, but we are strongly leaning toward shifting Philippine Speculative Fiction to digital format, so we’re shifting to outright financial payment as well.
Please help spread the word! We’d really appreciate it if you’d publish this invitation on your blog, e-group, etc.
Reposted from Dean Alfar's Blog.