Promo period: August 4 to 31, 2010
Submission of Entries: August 4 to 15, 2010
Voting Period: August 16 to 31, 2010
Announcement of Winners: September 1, 2010
1. Be a Fan of Powerbooks Facebook Fan Page
2. Submit your own version of the Mockingjay Book Cover and get a chance to win a copy of Mockingjay--Suzanne Collins' final installment in the Hunger Games trilogy.
3. The Mockingjay Book Cover Art should include:
- Book Cover Design
- Book Title (Mockingjay)
- Author's Name (Suzanne Collins)
- The cover can be made using different approaches like vectors, collages, traditional art, cartoons, 3D graphics, or combination of any of these techniques. Traditional art such as illustrations/drawings/paintings, etc. will also be accepted as long as these are scanned by the Participant. Powerbooks will not accept hard copy files.
- The cover can include different elements that you think will be relevant in the third book. (eg. Katniss, Peeta & Gale love triangle, District 13, etc.)
- All entries should be the participant’s original interpretation of the contest theme and not lifted from other sources. Powerbooks will not be held liable for any copyright infringement committed by the participant.
- Participants have the freedom to interpret the contest theme as creative and imaginatively possible provided that they stay true to the theme.
- The entry should not have been previously entered into any other competition.
- Participants give Powerbooks the right to upload their artworks for the website & other promotional activities.
6. Artworks will be uploaded in Facebook on August 16, 2010 for voting. The three (3) winners will each win a copy of Suzanne Collins' Mockingjay.
7. Criteria for Judging:
- 70%: number of “likes” votes from the fan page
- 30%: overall appeal of submitted artwork (from judges’ votes)
Claiming of prizes:
1. To claim their prizes, winners will proceed to Powerbooks Greenbelt 4 and present a valid ID.
2. The prizes will be given to the winners for FREE provided that these terms are met:
- The winners must personally claim the prize.
- The prizes are non-transferable and not convertible to cash.