Tuesday, March 22, 2011
I stumbled upon another great giveaway. It's a very girlie bag in one of my favorite colors, pink! I haven't treated myself to a new bag for the longest time. I do have a couple in mind that I want to buy, but I'd rather put that off since I am joining Kurdapya's contest. Check her other blogs too, Motherly Instinct and Simply Filipina
The contest will end on March 31, that's barely two weeks from now. I 'll wait for the winner's announcement with bated breath!
Can you still remember that very catchy song from a TV advert? The heat is already unbearable, summer na!
For this summer I am still trying to lose my post-natal weight through... umm... breastfeeding. hehe! Okay, so I still haven't pushed my butt off the sofa long enough to do some serious workouts, I 'll just set my eyes on Here Tishie, Tishie's Vienna tankini that she's about to giveaway. Perfect for Summer!
To join, just head over to Here, Tishie, Tishie:Anniversary Givaway!
Material: Nylon & PVC Trim
Dimensions (H x L x D): 31.5 x 59 x 19cm
Net Price: $220
To join, all you need is to go the contest page and do the simple tasks she has listed.
Winner will be announced on April 15.
Monday, March 21, 2011
After some eating, my daughter and I decided to take a walk. Primarily, to keep her busy. She was getting bored from all the talking and inactivity. She is a seven year old afterall, body all-geared up for constant running. I noticed a big bronze bas relief of Tandang Sora with a solitary guard. That was our immediate destination. I thought a good dose of history wouldn’t hurt anyone. I knew that Tandang Sora (the general area) is steeped with history. I have read that Katipuneros congregated in Bahay Toro, which is in Project 7, if I’m not mistaken. I know that Tandang Sora was named after Tandang Sora herself. She was born here and contributed much to the war efforts of the Katipuneros. So I wasn’t suprised that a bas relief of Tandang Sora can be found at Himlayang Pilipino. What I wasn’t prepared for was the fact that she was buried there too! Pardon the ignoramus in me, I asked the solitary guard if he would by chance know where Tandang Sora’s remains lie. Of course I thought he was just guarding the sculpture and not the actual grave of Tandang Sora. Imagine my surprise when he said that her grave is just behind that relief! I just have to take a picture of it!
After our close encounter with history, we continued to walk around. Himlayang Pilipino is really a nice park. It has a few other sculptures honoring the historic struggle of the Filipino people against the Spaniards. I took a photo of Gabriela Silang’s sculpture with my camera phone, which turned out to be crappy. And then it was off to a favorite spot, Si Malakas at Maganda by the pond, actually, an irrigation canal.
My camera’s batteries have given up after this which really pissed me off. I have been charging its batteries for how many days and then it conks out after barely an hour! Arrghhh! It’s just good that i’ve already taken pictures of Malakas at Maganda, and then some.
When we got back to our tent, it was nearly nightfall. I walked around the area a bit. I found it interesting how some grave markers tell a story, of love, of remembrance or lack of it.
But what really made me want to go online is a couple of weird things. I was really bummed that my camera keeps on saying that its battery is exhausted (well, guess what? I am too!!). So I whipped out my cellphone and had to make to with its VGA camera. So there I was, prostate on the ground, trying to get a decent shot.
You know how Pinoys leave a little food on the grave marker as some sort of “offering” to the dead. Well this one, left a half-empty bottle of beer!
Another one left a piece of candy!
This was so interesting that I really wanted to share this with everyone. I don't really like surfing the net on cellphones. The screen's too small for me. I did bring along my usb/broadband from another network, but sometimes its too slow for me.
I want a broadband connection that won't hang-up on me and leave me hanging. I usually open multiple tabs, anywhere from 5-10 tabs, so I've got something to do while another one loads up. I need a broadband than can keep up with me. I am a woman so I multi-task, which explains the 10 tabs. So I'm thinking of treating myself to my personal broadband connection. I know I won't be able to bring it with me, but what are cafes for if not for hooking up on wifi while sipping a frappe? Hehe!
I am a sucker for good buys and great bargains that’s why I think the time to get myself a SMART BRO Unlimited Home Broadband Plan 999 or 1995 broadband is now! I believe that’s good value for money on its own. But hang on, they also have an ongoing promo that's so unbelievably SULIT it might not happen again. Subscribing now means I would also get
a. Free All-In-One HP Printer
b. FREE Call & Texts with SMART Gold Lite Plan 300 for 6 months subscription
c. Free 1 month broadband subscription
Who can argue with this promo? Even a scrooge like me has to say Yes!
With SMART BRO Unlimited Home Broadband, I don’t have to worry of my pictures not uploading fast enough because I am assured of consistent speed and surf signal. It would also be nice for a change to have a chat with my uncles over the internet without a constant sound check (choppy ka, choppy!) and faces not frozen in very unflattering mid-poses! Also, because it is a very affordable Unlimited Plan, I can surf as much as I want, not bothered by keeping logs of how many hours I've already spent online. No, I am not addicted to the internet, I just want to stay connected and have the power to look up anything with a click of the mouse. :)
This amazing SMART BRO Unlimited Home Broadband promo which you can't find offered by any other service provider is available from March 4 to June 4 only. But why wait until June 4 when you can get it now and enjoy hassle free internet surfing the minute you get connected?
If I haven't sold you to this yet, watch this video yourself:
If you have further inquiries about SMART BRO Unlimited Home Broadband, visit the nearest SMART Wireless Center or any SMART BRO accredited agents.
Thursday, March 17, 2011
I have been scouring the net for this particular giveaway. And I found another one at Freckleberry Finds! This is a product made by a nursing mom FOR nursing moms, so it's perfect!
Winning this is easy-peasy! Just hop on over to Freckleberry Finds and complete all the steps. It has low entries too so the chances of winning is still high! :)
See you there!
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Technobuffalo is giving away an iPad 2 if you're a US resident, or $499 via Paypal if the winner is from outside the US.
At stake is the 16GB Wi-Fi version of the iPad 2. You get to choose the color, of course. It comes in black and white.
To enter, you just have to ReTweet Technobuffalo's posts for the day, plus the hastag #ipad2giveawayTB. This means, if they post 15 stories in a day, you can have 15 entries too!
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
She still hasn't announced what the prizes would be. But I can bet that everything has to do with very fashionable finds. She is afterall The Fashion Firewoman.
To join, below are the details which I reposted from her blog.
- If you have a Tumblr account, follow Fashion Firewoman.
- Reblog this post or simply copy and paste this on your blog with all the details and photos.
- Like, follow or add the sponsors’ sites. Links are found HERE.
- E-mail me with the subject BLOG GIVEAWAY ENTRY which includes ALL of your details: eccentricleartiste(at)yahoo(dot)com
Name, age, location
- I’m already following you on Tumblr
- I reposted your blog giveaway (link here)
- I reblogged your blog giveaway (link here)
- I liked sponsor 1 on Facebook
- I added sponsor 1 on Multiply
- I followed sponsor 2 on Tumblr
- I added sponsor 3 on Facebook
- I’m already following sponsor 4 on Multiply
- I tweeted 5 times (twitter account here)
- I want to win because the prizes are awesome and I badly need a pair of pretty shoes (hint: of course there will be shoes! *winks*)
If you do as much as that, you already have 28 entries! Piece of cake. :)
1 point = 1 entry
1 point per like/add/follow of a sponsor’s site
2 points per follow of Fashion Firewoman
2 points per Tweet. *you may only tweet once a day
3 points per reblog/repost on Tumblr, your blog/website.
3 points: advertise through your sidebar (optional)
5 points: tell me why you want to win (optional)
How the winner will be drawn:
The number of entries corresponds to the number of times your name will appear in my Excel file, a list of all the people who joined. I will be choosing the winner using Random.org.
- This birthday blog giveaway is open to everyone except family.
- By joining, you are automatically entitled to join all 4 of my birthday blog giveaways. (Originally there were 4, but I just might have to increase the number of winners. Will try to figure this out. —added on March 5th)
- You may only join once. Make sure to finalize your e-mail before sending. (Since sponsors are still coming in, this may be disregarded but please, maximum of 3 emails. —added on March 5th)
- Prizes are transferable. You may join for your family and friends, just include that in your e-mail.
- No cheating. I will personally check those likes and reblogs.
- All entries must be in before March 31, 2011
- Winners will be drawn and announced on April 2, 2011.
- You may only win once. In case a name gets drawn more than once, the winner will be asked to choose from either prizes.
- Winners must be able to meet up with me for their prizes.
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Here's the deal. I answered Derek Ramsey to Kumiko Mae's question but the winner will be determined by the number of most LIKES. I usually stay away from contests like this, but I just can't help blurting out to the whole virtual world that Derek is a god. Especially after that Red Mobile commercial, he looks so cute. So rough yet to tender. *sigh*
So here's the link. Please don't forget to invite your friends to LIKE my entry too!
Also, please continue sharing your thoughts on my post for Coolbuster.net's ExtraBLOGanza. Deadline has been extended to end of April. I'm holding my own raffle and giving away an original Unisilver Watch if I win any of the major prizes in the contest.
Monday, March 7, 2011
Glee's Vol 5 on iTunes March 8th. Pre-Order now, to enjoy Kiss, Landslide, & Somebody to Love. RT all your friends >>
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Calling all artists and artists at heart! The Animation Council of the Philippines, Inc. (ACPI) is now accepting entries for its Animahenasyon 2012 poster design contest. Application forms and complete competition mechanics can be downloaded from Animahenasyon’s website at www.animahenasyon.com. Deadline for submission of entries is on July 15, and can be delivered personally to the ACPI secretariat or sent via courier mail.Lock and load your paintbrushes and pen tablets, squeeze out your creative juices, and come up with an artwork that best communicates the dynamism and activeness of animation, and the spirit of Filipino culture and identity. The artist of the chosen artwork will win an all access festival pass worth PhP 5,000 plus the prestige of being the poster designer of Animahenasyon 2012. The winning design will be unveiled and its designer will be announced during the awarding ceremonies of Animahenasyon 2011 on November 25 at Eastwood Mall.
Download Form here
Complete Contest Mechanics
Glee's Vol 5 on iTunes March 8th. Pre-Order now, to enjoy Kiss, Landslide, & Somebody to Love. RT all your friends >>
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
2. The Contest starts on March 1, 2011 and is open to anyone age 18 years or older, except the officers and employees of the Organizer and their relatives up to the third degree of consanguinity.
3. Entries must be stories written in English and intended for children age 6 to 12 years. The word count must be 750 words or less, and the plot and sequence must be capable of sustaining a 20- to 32-page illustrated book. The theme must be something that seafarer families, especially children, can identify with. The story must, in the judges’ opinion, resonate well with children whose fathers are mostly away at sea, and preferably promote positive human values (e.g. love, respect, honesty, compassion, care, humility, responsibility, understanding, strength, courage, resilience, etc.). Bonus points and a greater chance of winning will be given to positive, sensitive, and creatively child-appropriate stories that deal with difficult seafarer family issues like relatives, in-laws, neighbors, troubled teens, money management, parental infidelity, sibling rivalry, resentment, anger, alienation, abandonment, illness, and others.
5. All entries must be submitted by email to email@example.com. The subject heading must be the word “Entry” followed by a space, dash, another space and the title of the story. (Example: Entry - My Dad is a Sailor and I am a Mermaid) Furthermore: (a) The main message of the email must contain the following items only: the title of the story, and the contestant’s complete name, age, mailing address, cellphone number, and landline. (b) The entry itself must be sent as a Microsoft Word attachment. It must be set in 12 points Times Roman normal (no bold, no italics, no underlining), double-spaced, with no author name or accompanying or inserted artwork or graphics or identifying marks whatsoever, on letter-size paper (8.5 inches by 11 inches) with a 1-inch margin all around. Entries that do not conform to these specifications may be accepted by the Organizer at its discretion and reformatted accordingly, or rejected outright.
6. The contest deadline is July 31, 2011 at 5:00 p.m. Manila time. Entries received after the deadline will be ignored.
COMPLETE CONTEST MECHANICS
My dear readers, friends, I have an announcement to make... I'll have to defer raffling off this cute watch
since Coolbuster.net extended the deadline for their contest. The deadline has been moved to April 30, 2011 instead of February 28 as previously announced. Winners for their contest will be announced in May, THEREFORE, the winner of my giveaway (if I win any of the major prizes) will be announced sometime in May too.
What does this mean?
It means two things. One, you can still join the contest, or if you have, edit and improve your entry. And Two, besides shooting for the P10,000 cash prize of the original contest, you also have a chance to win a Unisilver Watch from Lagalag na Engkantada, simply by commenting on my entry.
For more details on how to win watch this, click here.
To share your views on my entry, click here.