SponsoredTweets referral badge

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pregnancy Diaries



I just read Badet's entry for Pagbabago, a recent Nuffnang and Goldilocks Bloggers Contest. And I am so happy for her that after three years of marriage, they're finally expecting a new member in their lives.

I remember my first pregnancy. I wasn't as happy as Badet when I found out I was pregnant. Back then, I was a newly wed, focused only on adjusting to married life. Having a baby was far from our priorities. My hubby and I envisioned a family a year or two after wedded bliss as an official COUPLE.

An excerpt from my Youngblood contribution reads like this:

I was confused, to say the least. I hadn’t prepared myself—we hadn’t prepared ourselves—for the entry of this new life. Living with a permanent partner was just beginning to sink in when the baby came along.

Preparedness is a big thing for me. I have never in my life plunged into the unknown and taken a leap of faith. I always want predictability, stability and constancy. And this new life inside me was anything but those.

We hadn’t saved up anything for the baby. Our bank account still reflected the carefree lives we had led as single, unattached people.

I was afraid to give birth. I loathe pain. I dread pain. Emotionally, I hadn’t prepared myself for the responsibilities that go with motherhood. I was afraid I wouldn’t be the mother that my child deserved. We were completely unprepared to raise a baby.


But the light shone through, and we decided to have the baby and made up for lost time. When this major, major hurdle was surpassed, everything went smoothly.



My first baby didn't give me any problems at all during my pregnancy (it was during the delivery that she made me pay for my flip-flopping, but that's another story!). My morning sickness was at a minimum. It was very mild and almost gone by my fourth month. My cravings were very simple, a manibalang sampalok dipped in salt and sugar mixture, and a pseudo-pizza made of saltine crackers with tomato ketchup and cheese.

She is now 6 years old and one heck of an active girl.



Now, I'm in my second pregnancy. Twenty-nine weeks on the family way. It took us 6 years to decide and prepare for a new addition to our family.

Shown her having my preggy ultrasound.

And I've never felt happier in my life. :)

Congratulations again, Badet! Your post made me walk down the memory lane, and it wasn't bad at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

para sa naglilimayon na isip